Monday, April 13, 2009

The Story of Orked's Dark Chocolate Mud Cake

I am a huge fan of dark chocolates and loves to indulge myself with chocolate cakes. My first taste of a rich, indulging chocolate cake was a Polo Club's Chocolate Cake. I didn't get the actual name of the cake because it was a Hari Raya gift from my aunt, Datin Hjh Rosnah, (who happens to be a fanatic dark chocolate fan too) the wife of my uncle, Dato Paduka Hj Abd Rahman Hj Mohiddin. The cake was totally fabulous and really satisfying my chocolate craves. So, I made an effort to do a research on every chocolate cookbooks I have on my shelf and found a recipe, which I thought would have a really chocolatey outcome. And it totally is! It is so rich and chocolatey that my family loved it a lot as well as everybody. It has been an all time favourite and since then, I never failed to make one (or more) every year for serving during my Hari Raya open house. My first attempt on making the cake was a complete success.


-My "first attempt" D.C. Mud Cake for Raya 2005-


-My first attempt in making icing for writing on the D.C. Mud Cake-


-My biggest D.C. Mud cake ever! (14" by 10")-


-A 14" by 10" Birthday D.C. Mud Cake-


-A specially decorated "Hantaran" D.C. Mud Cake-

Orked's Dark Chocolate Mud Cake is selling at the price of $35. It is 11" in diameter, covered in hazelnut chocolate frosting and and sprinkled with crushed nuts on the side! You can either have it as 11" diameter circle cake or 9" by 9" square cake. Or have it extra large (14" by 10" rectangle cake) at $70. Extra charges will be charged for fresh fruits garnishes. This cake is definitely worth buying!

*It is recommended to order four days in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment