Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Welcome to Orked's!

Finally, a separate blog for the baking business! A round of applause for the launch of Orked's! *clapping the hands* Thank you, thank you!

I would like to share with you a bit of a story of how I came about in this baking business. To me, baking has always been a passion. It started out when I was still in high school. I loved trying out new recipes and when I succeed, I remake and serve them during our Hari Raya open house. Compliments from families and friends encouraged me so much in my passion. And the demand for my desserts actually raised my spirits to sell them. So, I started accepting orders for Hari Raya. But when I completed my G.C.E. A Levels in 2005, I had the whole of eight months doing nothing while waiting for enrollment at ITB in August 2006. And that's when I accepted more orders besides just Hari Raya orders.

My real inspiration is actually my mother. My mother have been making cakes and biscuits since she was just a teenager. She had been practising making home made cakes and biscuits for serving during Hari Raya ever since we moved to our own home, which is twenty years ago. This is a tradition set by my dad because he is quite picky about the cakes and biscuits he eats. When it comes to cleanliness, my mum is very strict about it. She would wash eggs with soap before using them and talking is prohibited while preparing them. She never trained me but I got to help her around in the kitchen a lot and learned from her without having her to teach. I have learned most of my basic skills from her and have been using her baking equipments i.e. her Kenwood Chef Mixer, her Baby Beiling oven, her basins & spatulas, etc., in my baking business without having to buy them for my own use. My mum plays an important role and always my reference in any baking issues.

So, I would like to dedicate this page to my mother, Pg Norzanah Pg Hj Ali, for being my inspiration, for passing down the "baking gene" to me and also for washing the dishes when I'm totally exhausted. Also to my father, Ahmad Al-Shokry Hj Julaihi (my personal banker), for being supportive money wise, for being the one I turn to when I'm in need of cash to buy ingredients.


-Mamaku & Babahku-

As well as to my other half, Mohammad Nasiruddin (my personal "tester"), for all the kind compliments he gave me when I don't even have to ask for it and also for creating the advertisement of Orked's on his page, Brunei Carzine.


-Byy-
Picture by: Cybercanon

Not to forget my brother, Lei, for helping me with the oven and for eating up my cookies without telling me.


-Lei-

My pretty sister, AdeQ, for taking over the cookies business when things got out of hand and helping me doing the cookies sometimes.


-AdeQ Kaka-

And especially to all my loyal customers: Nene Lampoh, Aunty Nine & family, Aunty Gigie and her nursing friends, my sexy aunt "Chantiq Ali" and to all who has supported me (you know who you are), thank you for your support!


-My beloved Nene Lampoh-


-Aunty Nine & family-


-Aunty Gigie-


-Chantiq Ali-
Picture by: Boy Petrus

Cookies forever y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment